starting strength gym

Thread: 220kg Squat Form Check

Default 220kg Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025

I added a belt and 20kg to the bar. Just checking in. The last set was @10 I think.

Firstly, 220 kg for a 3x5 is pretty fucking legit. I cannot comment on depth from this video. The only way I have a chance of judging depth is when the camera is held somewhere around hip height or lower at a rear oblique. In general, your squats look pretty good. Now, however, it is time to pick some nits. You are trying to overextend your spine at the top presumably to combat your tendency to flex a little at the bottom. The problem is that this just amplifies the amount of movement going on in your back, which encourages the bar to roll up your back. Stop trying to arch the hell out of your back at the top. Instead, stand up as normally as you can at the top and lock shit down. Hard. Fight it at the bottom. Squeeze tight at the bottom and as you ascend. Nice work.

You are trying to overextend your spine at the top presumably to combat your tendency to flex a little at the bottom. The problem is that this just amplifies the amount of movement going on in your back, which encourages the bar to roll up your back.
    Gold - thanks for this.