starting strength gym

Thread: Knee pain so bad I couldn't work or work out......

Default Knee pain so bad I couldn't work or work out......

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    For 3 months now I've had knee pain so bad that it made it hard to work out. I've even missed like 7 days of work because it was so bad in the morning. It was so bad that when i sat down to lunch or got up, I would scream. Everyone was very concerned....

It also took 2 days off for the knees to feel better.

I do factory work for now and have to wear anti slip shoes. So today I went in and the pain started almost immediately......I also felt some torque forces on my right knee...which happened to be the most painful one.

The torquing gave me an idea. I went to the car and put on some running shoes.

HOLY SHIT !!!!!! 90% of the pain was gone! It kept getting better throughout the shift. I'm in heaven.

I thought it was just old age or arthritis....nope. Just shitty shoes. I didn't realize how bad the shoes were....

Back to training hard. I have an appt. with an Orthopedist on Friday. It's going to be cancelled.

Sometimes the simplest thing is the answer.

Back to squatting with gusto!

Incredible. As in not-particularly-credible. Difficult to believe.

This morning was the first time I woke up without knee pain in 3 months. The shoes have some wear that doesn't look excessive. I'm still amazed what a difference shoes can make.

I'm thinking that the anti slip function has something to do with it. Maybe our feet are designed to *slip* just a tiny bit front to back or side to side with each step, but the anti slip shoes prevent any movement like that. Just my opinion.

I thought it was the squats. However, last night I squatted with different foot positions and none produced any knee pain.