starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 SSCA Conference Begins

Default 2014 SSCA Conference Begins

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    What are you up to on a Friday evening? Out here in Wichita Falls, TX, Starting Strength Coach Jordan Feigenbaum pulled 705 pounds off the ground. Enjoy.

That's one way to atone for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    What are you up to on a Friday evening? Out here in Wichita Falls, TX, Starting Strength Coach Jordan Feigenbaum pulled 705 pounds off the ground. Enjoy.

That was frighteningly heavy. Congratulations, Jordan- great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Looked even better than the 700 pull in his log from the other day. You kids have fun. Hope I can join next year's party!

Holy crap that's a lot of weight! What's your secret? For sure it's Bulgarian split squats and kettlebells, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    Awesome pull! Jordan, do you purposefully pull with a rounded-back? And, if so, do you find locking out markedly more difficult and that secondary or assistance lifts help overcome this disadvantage of rounded-back pulling?
    Yes I purposely pull with a rounded thoracic spine. There's not any other way for me to pull given my marked kyphosis at a baseline and long arms. The movement under load is pretty minimal- relative to a near or at maximal load, and it's less evident at lighter loads. Locking out has never been hard for me so I've never done any assistance work for it. Hardest part for me is off the floor so I've historically done lots of deficit pulls- though if you put a gun to my head I'd just say that a little bit more body weight and more pulling at the correct intensity/volume have been the biggest factors. The only disadvantage I find to the position of my back has been the youtube form police.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Holy crap that's a lot of weight! What's your secret? For sure it's Bulgarian split squats and kettlebells, right?
    Prancercise and Westside...totally.

Also, while I didn't take a lot of still photos yesterday, here are a few.

Absolutely amazing, guys.

I don't know if seeing this is motivational or de-motivational - makes my goals to lift "big", respecting my likely genetics, seem so completely insignificant.

In any event, congratulations on the huge lifts, it's awe inspiring!

Oh and Tom, you're an excellent photographer. You did great capturing those moments. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks,
    Devin

Is 705lbs a WFAC record?

starting strength coach development program
    And what's that guy benching, 445lbs? Geez.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast