starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadlift, check my form!!

Smile Deadlift, check my form!!

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello!

Please check my 1 video of dl workset 112x5 and tell me what do you think and what to improve. Thank you!!! :=)

Not bad...a few points.

1) Finish your reps...all of them, early on you do not get your shoulders back, but seem to do a better job toward the end.
    2) When putting the bar down, put it down in the opposite order that you picked it up. Bend at the waist, when bar clears knees, bend the knees. (You unlock the knees, which means you need to move the bar around your knees to put it down. That puts the bar forward at the end of every rep, which is why you keep moving forward.
    3) Bar appears to be forward of the midfoot slightly. Bar should be in contact with your skin the whole way up.
    4) When are able to get the bar down in the orginal spot, hang onto the bar for a set of 5. This is more like a set of 5 quick singles.

Coach, wouldn't cuing him to move his shoulders backwards make him roll his shoulders to the back at the top of the deadlift, as opposed to just standing up straight with neutral shoulders?

I think you extend your knees a tad too fast and your ass is weak. You rely on quadriceps which is why the bar is too far forward and you have too much dorsiflexion in your ankles

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_k View Post
    Coach, wouldn't cuing him to move his shoulders backwards make him roll his shoulders to the back at the top of the deadlift, as opposed to just standing up straight with neutral shoulders?
    The cue would be to raise your chest and show us your tits. I hesitate to provide any other cues without personally being present to do so. More cues is often confusing, and without a one one one discussion about what I'm looking for and a demonstration for 100% clarity, it can be tough.

I would rather he re-read the deadlift chapter, review the deadlift video or the deadlift portion of the DVD if unclear, and show me what changes he was able to make.

Since he has not responded at all, let's see what he comes back with.

Hello again!

I had a workout today. So here I have 2 videos of deadlift. Workset and one of warmup sets. Please check it out and see if it is better now. Thanks a lot!!

WORKSET:

WARMUP SET:

Quote Originally Posted by blagodivo View Post
    Hello again!

I had a workout today. So here I have 2 videos of deadlift. Workset and one of warmup sets. Please check it out and see if it is better now. Thanks a lot!!

WORKSET:

WARMUP SET:
    Your videos are private!

Thanks for telling me!!! Fixed it.

It seems to me that I am using to much of my lower back to pull up weight and to little of my legs/hips.

starting strength coach development program
    Coach ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast