starting strength gym

Thread: New Lifter Form Re-Check (Squat)

Default New Lifter Form Re-Check (Squat)

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Alright, I tried to take everyones advice into account from my last post (including eating a few more sandwiches). I decided to focus on fixing my squat first so I took some multi-angle video of me squatting 115.

http://youtu.be/8u_XXB-oUdI

I tried to focus more on achieving upper back extension as well as driving up with my hips. In the very last section of the video I feel like my squats might be a little too high but I thought it was my best set as far as hip drive goes. Anyways let me know what you all think.

I really appreciate all your feedback.

(And I apologize for the gym music in the background)

Default Re: New Lifter Form Re-Check (Squat)

Pretty sure every rep was a little high. And don't pause at the bottom... Rebound and drive your hips up.

Keep working at it, you'll get there.

Yeah re-watching the videos you're right, I seem to have sacrificed a bit of depth in order to try to correct some of my original issues. I'll pay more attention to my depth next time around. Other than depth and the pause is anything else out of order?

I've got to recommend losing the pants, especially if they're blue jeans, which is what it appears. You can see the material tightening up on every rep. You may be able to get deeper by just wearing shorts or a cotton type of pant.

Your reps are a little high, but it's close. Other than a very small depth issue, they look good. But like Jimmy said, learn to rebound. If you don't, as the weight gets heavier it's not going to like going back up very easily.

Oh they're just sweatpants but I suppose they're getting a little tight. I'll try gym shorts or a loser pair of sweats next time.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gander12 View Post
    Oh they're just sweatpants but I suppose they're getting a little tight. I'll try gym shorts or a loser pair of sweats next time.
    If they're sweat pants don't worry about it. It just looked like blue jeans in the video. Blue jeans bind. Sweats don't. I lift in sweat pants and never have a problem.