starting strength gym

Thread: knee sleeve issues?

Default knee sleeve issues?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Rip -

Yes, this is another squat form check. Below are two squats one at 365 from the rear and the other at 380 from the side. I posted on the technique section and recieved an at-a-boy, but still I have knee pain. The only variable that I have changed is I have added knee sleeves after reading up on the advantages of this equipment. I thought the knee sleeves would help, but now I am considering that they add something that I have not taken into account.
    I might have already answered my own question - try it without and see how it goes, but if there is something else that I need to refocus on then it would be greatly appreciated.

Also MOMG has helped out greatly with remembering to get tight before standing and coming out of the rack. A couple of workouts I was damn near good morning the weight up b/c of lack of tightness. MOMG is well worth the purchase price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8QnooqF9_M (380 set 3 of 5)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTm-a966B10 (365 set 3 of 5) action starts at :20

Thank you!

Looks good from here. Question?

The question is if the squats look good from there, but I have been getting knee pain for the past two weeks what I am I fucking up? I have combated the pain by putting some BioFreeze or FreezeIt on my knees once after the workout and once before bed and usually it goes away, but sometimes a third dose is required the next morning.

I have tried to analyze it to some causes and wanted to see if you could see any faults. This is what I came up with, but can't find any evidence to satisfy claims. What can your eyes see?

1) Knees slide forward b/c shitty form
    2) Hamstrings slacked b/c not staying tight through the movement (1st choice)
    3) Not 'sitting' back enough at the top of the squat
    4) Hip drive is going up then forward instead of straight up

Other things you can't see that could effect knees:
    1) Added Rehband knee sleeves b/c the gym is always cold (I live in CT)
    2) Haven't signed up for SSS
    3) 1/2 of the right knee's medial meniscus removed (this can't be it)

I have posted in the Technique section and Stacey and TomMD echoed the same opinion as yours. Just so damn close to 400, I don't want to stop!

Thank you for your time and patience!

Like I said, they look good from here. Not everything is possible on the web.