starting strength gym

Thread: Your thoughts on taking weeks off?

Default Your thoughts on taking weeks off?

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I have heard that it is a good idea to take a week off every 6 to 8 weeks in order to let the CNS take a break and get some rest. Is this accurate, or should breaks (optimally) never be taken if you are not doing excessive workouts and/or volume?

If you need a break, take one. But don't stop training just because you've heard you're supposed to. There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy.

Ok. That is good news, I rather dislike taking weeks off. I assume weeks off should only be taken if you notice signs of overtraining such as chronic fatigue, stuff like excessive twitching, and all the other stuff that goes along with it. Then after the break I would say it is a good idea to cut back on the volume a bit, get some more food and/or rest or a combination of the three.

Thanks.

Excellent...another one for my growing quote file...

howard

Howard, you're easily amused.

starting strength coach development program
    Indeed...I just have this mental imagery of you sitting at a computer about to explode at certain questions...like the Lewis Black of strength-training or something.

Good information combined with humor is good stuff to me...especially when I'm not even sure if it is intentionally humor.

howard