starting strength gym

Thread: York Weightlifting Training Bars

Default York Weightlifting Training Bars

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    After my first set of squats today at 305, one of the trainers said hello to me. I was using what appeared to be a 28mm York Weightlifting Training Bar. It says York on the sleeve, is 28mm, and has center knurling. He asked me to instead use one of their 29mm bars, because he was concerned that I might bend the bar. I'm unsure who manufactures their thicker bars. They have an allen nut in the end and are chrome colored with center knurl and light knurling all around. I told him that I had no intention of dropping it, I'd seen people clean and jerk more than 305 with this bar, and I liked the knurling, markings, and feel of the York bar on my back better than the others. He agreed to let me keep using it, but asked me not to load it greater than 405. I didn't think I was strong enough to even approach harming an olympic bar unless I did something negligent with it. How strong are these bars?

From the description on the site it's not meant for lots of weight as it is a training bar.