Thread: some one do wrong bench press

Default some one do wrong bench press

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYY9Xp7cwYk

I'm form Israel and read your book ss.
    Her a lot of guys working like bb's.

I want you to tell me what are you think of that bench press.

All of the Israeli forum members are telling me that I allways go aginst them.

The rack press from the bottom is an exercise for more advanced lifters. It works well for them, and is discussed in the book you read.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The rack press from the bottom is an exercise for more advanced lifters. It works well for them, and is discussed in the book you read.
    I don't see there a rack press, all I see is a dude bringing the bar 2 inches down and up, without touching his chest.
    there is no "dead stop" on the rack. your thoughts about that uncle Rip?

I'm wondering why the guys feet aren't on the ground...unless it's b/c he's too short to reach the ground.

Oh shit, Sun's actually right. This is what I get for being in a hurry. Yep, this is just a typical shitty bench press. The Israelis put up with this? Knowing it goes on? This does not bode well for the politics of the region.

It is known that the Palestenian-Israeli conflict had fired up because a jew told an arab that splits were a bad way to train. The arab said it depends on individuality and personal experience, and... Well, the rest is history.

starting strength coach development program
    This type of bench press has become the norm at the gym where I work out (an Air Force Base in southern Spain). Actually, this guy is doing a greater ROM than what I usually see. This seems to be a fairly recent phenomena (within the last year).

A few months ago I asked on a couple of forums if anybody else had noticed this and if any of the major muscle mags have been recommending this type of bench press, but I didn't get any satisfactory responses.

Apparently, it?s now spread to Israel. I guess it will spread to the rest of the middle east and, from there, to the rest of the world faster than the swine flue. Folks, I?m afraid we?re going to have to accept the fact that the partial ROM bench press is here to stay and take it?s proper place next to the partial ROM squat as staple weight training exercises.

Oh, how I long for the days when guys would bounce the bar off their rib-cages. At least they were doing a full ROM.