starting strength gym

Thread: Dead lift, Squat form check

Default Dead lift, Squat form check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Coach,

Thanks so much for the time you put in here. I have learned a bunch from you and others in this forum.

Please critique these lifts.

Squat:

These are the 2nd and 3rd set at 205.

The form looks good to me, but would much rather hear the opinion of some one who really knows.

Here are my 2 squat vids. The first is my 260 warm up set. The work set was at 310, a Pr for me. I srewed up and loaded the left side 10 lbs heavier than the right. I think that is why I bailed out on thre 4th lift.

But aside from that, would you please let me know what you think of my form. My back doesn't seem to be flexed as is should be, but is seemsto stay consistent throughout the lifts.

Thanks for your input.

Can you really not see your knees sliding forward at the bottom?

Actually I did not notice the forward movement. Looks like I need to get out the TUBOW again.

I see that I failed to attach my DL video to the original post. So here they are, if you have time to check them out I would certainly appreciate it.

This is the 260# warm-up set.

This is the 310# work set. I see that I am moving the bar out around the knees on this one. That might have been aggravated by the asymmetrical weights in addition to form breakdown due the heavier weigh.

Thanks again for the time you put in doing this forum.

The heels on your shoes may be a bit high, making it hard to stay off of your toes as you start the pull. Your start position looks good, so I'll assume the shoes are the problem. Just before you pull, rock back a little and get off of your toes, and then think about pushing the middle of your foot into the floor.