Sex: Male
    Weight: 215 lbs
    Height: 5'10"
    Squat max or current working weight and reps: 3x5x210lbs
    Bench press: 3x5x150lbs
    Deadlift: 1x5x225lbs
    Press: 3x5x120lbs
    Chinups max reps: sets of 5
    General description of training history: swimmer who has transitioned to strength training
    Currently gaining weight
    Just trying to get stronger in the basic barbell lifts.

Hey all,

I'm moving to downtown Denver in June, and I've been running Starting Strength for about a a month and a half now out of my local gym (it's a 24 hour fitness, but they have new olympic barbells, a crossfit rig, and bumper plates, so I can accomplish everything I need to there). However, in looking for a gym downtown, they fall into either one of two categories - your typical Planet Fitness-esque gym, or a crossfit box. Wondering if anyone here knows any good gyms in the downtown Denver (LoDo) area that I can continue training at. I've reached out to a few crossfit boxes to see if they would allow me to simply train the basic barbell lifts there outside of class times (and without dropping nearly 200 dollars a month...) but so far it's not looking promising. I'd build my own garage gym (it's about the same cost as a crossfit membership), but unfortunately, living in an apartment doesn't afford me that luxury.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

There are some great gyms in Denver. I have been to armbrust pro gym and Rocky Mountain barbell club in aurora and both were great. I am sure there are many more, it's a very fit city.

Both good suggestions! I'll be in the heart of downtown though; armbrust is about 35 minutes away (more in rush hour traffic) and Aurora is a bit further than I want to go too (~25 min).

Unfortunately, beggars can't be choosers and I might just have to make the hike somewhere.

Iron Warrior