starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean Check

1. http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=50394
    So, my comments are on the first video

2. Don't drop your hips low in your set-up. Bar and your own weight over mid-foot, shins touching bar.

3. Drag the bar up your legs - drag implies contact - and hit your thigh at the jumping position. It doesn't appear that you're touching your thigh with the bar before jumping.

4. Jump with straight arms, don't arm-pull to try to lift the bar up using your arms.

I watched all three sets. No real difference, except that you looked a bit more fatigued on the later sets, which is normal.

You never really seem to get full hip extension. For most people this will present itself as a slight (or more) backward angle on the upper body at the top. This will also manifest itself partially in the contact at your thigh in #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    I watched all three sets.
    You're a more patient man than I.

You never really seem to get full hip extension. For most people this will present itself as a slight (or more) backward angle on the upper body at the top. This will also manifest itself partially in the contact at your thigh in #3.
    This is correct. However, 4 things is usually too many corrections/cues for someone to digest at once, and the issue may resolve itself if he fixes #s 3 and 4. If not, we'll attack it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    However, 4 things is usually too many corrections/cues for someone to digest at once, and the issue may resolve itself if he fixes #s 3 and 4. If not, we'll attack it then.
    Heck, two things are usually too many for me.

starting strength coach development program
    Heck, two things are usually too many for me.
    Unless it's pieces of sushi. Then, watch out world!