starting strength gym

Thread: shoulder popped during squats

Default shoulder popped during squats

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    greetings,

have you ever heard of a case where a shoulder made a pop sound during low-bar squats and then it feels like shit around the collarbone and shoulder joint? cuz that just happened to me last night. ideas of dealing with it besides ice and NSAIDS?

I haven't tried to perform any upper body exercise, just finished my squats (which were ten times harder because of the situation, it was a real pain to get the bar in the right placement). I did check if the rotator cuffs are alright, they seem so. but something is squeaky and making noises when I move my arm.

hope you can help with some advice here.

I've heard of every joint in the body popping. If it continues to hurt, have it looked at.

hey, got it checked a day after. the doc said that it might be some torn fibers at the trapezius or something like that, but ever since its still bugging me. now it doesnt limit anything besides squatting (low bar) - I can press, bench, deadlift and front squat. how do you think I should treat this? I tried squatting and its REALLY painful, because it pulls back the shoulders.

Just front squat and high-bar. You never liked the low-bar anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Just front squat and high-bar. You never liked the low-bar anyway.
    what do you mean "never liked the low -bar anyway" - if I can use more weight and show off larger balls to all the females around, thats definitely the right variation of the squat!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun View Post
    what do you mean "never liked the low -bar anyway" - if I can use more weight and show off larger balls to all the females around, thats definitely the right variation of the squat!
    That implies that females actually care how much you can squat.