starting strength gym

Thread: You'll Appreciate This

Default You'll Appreciate This

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    So, on Saturday, I'm watching the SU / Penn State game and the commentators are talking about how P=State is dealing the the NCAA Imposed sanctions. One of the announcers said that the coaches informed him that the Penn State coaches are taking steps such as using no contact practices, practicing fewer days and

Drum roll.....

Not doing leg conditioning, only doing upper body conditioning.

How the fuck can decision makers at such high levels be this ignorant?

Sure am glad I'm not a Penn State Fan

I must confess to a lack of understanding here. Is this some form of hair shirt they must wear?

They have an absolutely beautiful new weight room, but the strongest squat on the team seems to only be 500. I wonder how typical this is.

You misunderstood. They're still squatting and lifting, they're just limiting conditioning work during the week because they have limited depth and they can't afford to substitute as liberally as their opponents, so they're managing workloads differently. This board would generally approve of PSU strength and conditioning methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Edward View Post
    They have an absolutely beautiful new weight room, but the strongest squat on the team seems to only be 500. I wonder how typical this is.
    Either they're the weakest men in DI football, or they're the only DI program in the country that actually squats to depth.

I do appreciate the line at 2:25-2:30 in that video.