starting strength gym

Thread: Form check, please - Squats Revisited

Default Form check, please - Squats Revisited

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    My first and previous request for help on my squat can be found here. This video was taken on the 18th of July. Due to competing priorities I did not squat for a week after that video, and I've had five squat sessions since. The first three sessions I stayed at 225 pounds just trying to think through the motions of how to prevent my knees sliding forward at the bottom. I could not keep my wrists straight. I've worked on breaking at the knees and the hips at the same time. I'm trying to envision sitting further back at the bottom to prevent knee slide and chest lift at the bottom.

Squat, 3rd set of five at 235 performed on 3 August 2018.

Your looking straight down . Look at the ground about four feet in front of you. Keep your neck neutral with your spine. Hip back,knees forward and out towards your toes and nipples aimed at the ground all at the same time. All at the same time. Hips back, knees forward and out towards your toes and nipples aimed at the ground. All at the same time. Out of the bottom drive your hips up not back. Drive your hips up.