starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drinking powdered eggs

Default Drinking powdered eggs

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Check this out, lads, I made an exciting new discovery: a man can DRINK powdered eggs! Its supposedly better than raw eggs, and its fairly easy to gag down as long as you use enough water in my opinion. (But hell I'll eat/drink anything. I've even eaten dog food and peanut butter before and it wasn't that bad either.) I make a tuna/egg/olive oil smoothie in the morning and before I go to bed. Along with GOMAD and lots of meat, fruit, vegetables, and other crap it gets me to where I need to be. The equivalent of a dozen eggs gives you an extra 84g protein and 840 calories.

Well, okay.

yes we are all aware of egg protein powder thanks.

I seriously doubt it could be better than raw eggs. The amount of vitamins, minerals and nutrients lost in the process of turning them to powder can only be replaced by synthetic nutrients which would be no where near as good as the real thing.

Raw eggs don't taste bad anyway. I do a dozen a day.

Default Tried it

I tried the powdered eggs thing once. I felt sick to my stomach and was off my feet for over an hour. Tried it a few other times, and always felt terrible. My wife ended up backing with the rest of it. I have no problem eating eggs and never had any problems with any other food. And they do taste awful and many people won't be able to gag them down. I recommend against it.

Can't I just poach my eggs and pour hollandaise sauce over it
    but hey.. you want dry eggs ?? be my guest

Quote Originally Posted by clay View Post
    I seriously doubt it could be better than raw eggs. The amount of vitamins, minerals and nutrients lost in the process of turning them to powder can only be replaced by synthetic nutrients which would be no where near as good as the real thing.

Raw eggs don't taste bad anyway. I do a dozen a day.
    Let's stop a second to consider where eggs come from: they emerge from a chicken's feathery, unkempt, unpampered ass. You'll do this until a little bit of goo remaining on a shell makes you sick as a horse for about 2 days. Then you'll stop eating raw eggs.

I think that a lot of the protein in eggs gets "lost" if you don't cook them. I just remember reading somewhere that cooking an egg "activates" about twice the protein than would ingesting a raw egg...

And Coach is right eggs are just slimy gooey chickens, and chickens are unkept and disgusting enough as adults...

Quote Originally Posted by TerriblyUsefulBlockOfWood View Post
    Check this out, lads, I made an exciting new discovery: a man can DRINK powdered eggs! Its supposedly better than raw eggs, and its fairly easy to gag down as long as you use enough water in my opinion. (But hell I'll eat/drink anything. I've even eaten dog food and peanut butter before and it wasn't that bad either.) I make a tuna/egg/olive oil smoothie in the morning and before I go to bed. Along with GOMAD and lots of meat, fruit, vegetables, and other crap it gets me to where I need to be. The equivalent of a dozen eggs gives you an extra 84g protein and 840 calories.
    This post is undeniably true. A tuna, egg, olive oil nightcap certifies that TUBW will, in fact, eat anything.

I'm with Luke on this. Eggs, creamed spinach, artichoke bottoms, and Hollandaise (i.e. eggs Sardou) is the way to go.

Or my daily breakfast of 2-3 eggs scrambled with cheese, which is also delicious and much easier.

Be sure the heed Rip's advice. The certain health risks of regularly consuming raw eggs far outweighs the uncertain, speculative benefits of raw eggs. A bad case of Salmonella can really lay you low.

starting strength coach development program
    Lol!

I've thought about that, really, and it had me worried for a bit.

But I've been eating raw eggs for about 3-4years now and as yet, as luck would have it, I've not fallen ill.

Don't know that this would have anything to do with it, as an ass is an ass and a chooks ass would be among the fowlest-excuse the pun, but I get organic eggs and rate them highly for any strength training diet. Along with raw milk, this makes up a big part of my diet.

I guess for countless generations we consumed a lot of our foods raw, including eggs, and given how long the digestive process takes to adapt, I'd imagine we're still more efficient at digesting our foods raw than cooked or processed. Despite the amount of processed foods we consume these days.

Can't stomach raw liver though, makes me gag!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast