starting strength gym

Thread: Tezas Method Question

Default Tezas Method Question

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Mr.Rippetoe
    First off. It's an honor. My name is Jonathan and i have been following your teachings for some time now(over a year or so). I must say that my lifts are remarkably better than before. I am 22 years old and weigh 180lbs. I have read both SS and PPST front to back and use it as a source of referrence now. My current PRs are:

Squat 285x5RM
    Deadlift 325x5RM
    B.Press 205x5RM
    Press 135x5RM
    P.C. 155x3RM

I am currently starting this:

DAY 1 / TUESDAY
    Squat 5x5
    B.Press/Press 5x5
    P.C. 8x3
    Weighted Pull-ups/Chin-ups 6x3
    Weighted Sit-ups
    Reverse Hypers (should these be weighted?)

DAY 2 / THURSDAY
    Front Squat 5x2
    Press/B.Press 5x2
    Halting Deadlift 8x2
    Dips
    Sit-ups

DAY 3 / SATURDAY (Attempt PRs, PR repetitions vary weekly)
    Squat 5RM,3RM,2RM,1RM
    B.Press/Press 5RM,3RM,2RM,1RM
    Deadlift 5RM,3RM,2RM,1RM

The reason for me choosing the Halting Deadlift is because i feel the lower portion of my deadlift has gotten weaker. When I'm attempting PRs i notice my knees lockout too fast and the bar hasn't even reached the top of my patella. Basically ends up being a SLDL. I think this has been happening because i took 3 months off from deadlifting and power cleans. Iv'e been doing Barbell Rows and SLDL instead. I will show you a video next time i post so you can see my form on my deadlift and squat.

My goal is to build relative strength. I want to be able to squat 315 for 5, Deadlift 365 for 5, B.Press 225 for 5, and Press 155 for 5 within 4-6 months.

Do you think this is realistic with the program shown above? Should i make any adjustments to the program above?

The only thing I'd change would be to put the Haltings on Tuesday and the cleans on Thursday so that Saturday's DL workout was done when better recovered from Tuesday.