starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fuck Physical Therapist's

Default fuck Physical Therapist's

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello all starting strength members

this thread is a rant about PT's and how fucking stupid and ridiculous they are.... please feel free to leave other fun stories about their stupid, sell out assess here...

Here is my story, I run a sports performance business for athletes of all ages and many fat loss and general strength type clients. Some PT's in my own health system have decided they need to train athletes also because my program is too much like powerlifting and incorporates too much strength training and is therefore unsafe for youngsters. My boss has bought into this silliness and informed me today that my philosophies are wrong and not acceptable by the rest of the world and that I need to change my ways or suffer the consequences, meaning lose my job. In reality I have over 60 clients right now and have trained over 500 people in the past 3 years. The PT's are slamming me because they want control over my facility and the ability to market their program of jumping around and silly bullshit. I was personally attacked for my belief system on training and fitness, and my personal strength levels and told that I am to attend a meeting with the PT;s so they can tell me what an ideal sports performance program should look like, keep in mind I have a MS in exercise science, have had this job for 3 years, and have trained over 1000 people over the past 10 years. My boss has been in his current position for 1.5 years and fucking PT's attacking my have been in their jobs for less than 1 year. How should I proceed? I want to quit and just train my people at a different facility, facilities are just so expensive to operate. I am not going to that meeting to be told by some fucking PT's how to train myself or others, fuck them!

Bad situation, Grant. They have you by the balls, and the facts of your successful approach -- although interesting to them -- are irrelevant. Until you are autonomous, the situation will be subject to their whims and power struggles. As a dispassionate but concerned observer, I'd say it's self-employment time.

I would be so much more sympathetic if the guy would stop posting multiple identical threads about this shit all over various parts of the forum.

i was once told by a PT that i shouldn't do weighted dips because they would hurt my lumbar...
    oh and my sons coach told him that they did not train deadlifts because they were detrimental to the football players???

Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    I would be so much more sympathetic if the guy would stop posting multiple identical threads about this shit all over various parts of the forum.
    He is highly excitable. Focus, Grant.

there goes my career choice out the window.

Yea, PTs are just generally terrible people. I had read some shit on here about them, but unfortunately some things you must find out for yourself. I saw a Ortho for my scoliosis and he recommended strengthening my back prior to training (Ortho said it would be a problem) and, of course, he prescribed physical therapy. Holy FUCK, what a goddamn chicken coop this place was. I couldn't believe I was in there, compared to some of the other patients. I'm in there with a (Ortho even admitted this) "very mild, less than 10 degrees" scoliosis doing this fucking Mousercise, aerobic, Buns of Steel bullshit while there are people with fucked up arms and that can barely walk.

For a handful of weeks I was stuck with the biggest group of incompetent assholes I've ever encountered at a medical facility thus far. Half the time the PTs didn't even know which goddamn exercise I was doing next, what it was called, didn't tell me if I was increasing the reps or doing the same amount of reps or ANY goddamn thing, and various other forms of dumbfuckery. A few times 2 or 3 of them would be looking at my chart trying to decide what exercise was what and/or what it was called. They had me doing shit like planks and back hyperextensions, and somehow it was AMAZING to them that I had to have someone hold my legs while I dangled my torso off a 3-feet-high table so I didn't fall off and land on my face. Like I was some special case or something.

After a few weeks of this I had a follow-up with the Ortho. What did he prescribe more of? Physical Therapy. The minute my ass hit the door, I called up and canceled all my appointments. Mother fuckers charged me $400+ for those sessions too. Those turgid fucks can suck a fart out of my dick all the way to the goddamn bank.

Grant,

I've been in your shoes before. I'm on my own now. It can be a scary transition, especially if you have wife and kids to provide for. Email me if you want to bounce some ideas off me. Its not as daunting an ordeal as it may seem. You just got to have the guts to do it and not everyone does. Doesn't mean you are a pussy if you don't want to. Some personalities simply work better on their own and some operate better under the structure of an employer/employee relationship. If you do transition don't go into debt, don't let overhead get too high, and keep your operation VERY SIMPLE.

kingwoodstrength@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'd say it's self-employment time.
    I second this motion. Nearly all of life's problems can be solved by becoming self employed, declaring war, or just getting drunk.

starting strength coach development program
    If you have trained so many people and what you do works, you should have a good reputation in your area and be able to work for yourself. So quit letting them take whatever cut they take and go train your clients elsewhere.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast