starting strength gym

Thread: squat form

Default squat form

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Coach,

I'm about 3 weeks into SS and loving it, but my knees are giving me some grief.

Tendonitis in the knees ended my running efforts back in high school, and I've had to avoid running ever since. During squats, I feel little or no pain in the knee, but my knees will sometimes make snap and pop noises (but my knees often do that, even outside of exercise). However, right after the set, my knees feel just like they did with running. It's a pain deep in the joint, hard to really pin down. It just feels like what I was told was "tendonitis" in the past. I'm familiar with DOMS type muscle soreness, and this is different. I have scoured the squat chapter of SS, especially the section on common errors, but without someone checking my form I'm still unsure if I'm doing it right.

I am seeing solid linear gains on all the exercises right now, and I can currently work through this knee pain, however, if my form is bad, the pain will continue to get worse, so I'd like to solve this early if I can.

Current stats: 32 y.o., weight ~206 lbs (up from 200 after 3 weeks of SS).

How's my squat form? Here's 6 reps while warming up today with light weight: 3 viewed from behind and 3 from the side.

http://vimeo.com/30607755

Thanks very much for your time, and for developing this great program.

We can't see anything about your knee movement from this angle.