starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question regarding personal ethics. . .

Default Question regarding personal ethics. . .

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    It's not that big of a deal, as the only person that would have been ultimately 'cheated-on/deceived' was myself. So "personal ethics" really does mean personal.

However, if my "help" took me into illegitimate PRs, then my old numbers from that time should be discarded. Would my supplementation have disqualified my achievements?

For the record, the pre-workout I used to take was "Craze" in 2012/2013, and it was the old formula -- one that got pulled from the market about a year ago, due to accusations of methamphetamines being part of the, uh, blend (which was probably true). X-}

Just been wondering about this for a bit, especially since I haven't touched anything like that (even still-existing pre-workout products) for about 6 months.

-Jeremy

If you didn't know about it until the ban I wouldn't worry about it. I've never been too keen on the pre workout stuff, I drink a cup of coffee.

all your gains are false. Start over with just the bar and work back up. It's the only honourable thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    If you didn't know about it until the ban I wouldn't worry about it. I've never been too keen on the pre workout stuff, I drink a cup of coffee.
    I agree. Coffee can work wonders before a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by RugbySmartarse View Post
    all your gains are false. Start over with just the bar and work back up. It's the only honourable thing to do
    Brilliant

Please return these il-gotten gainz to where you found them. Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Músculo-Tonto View Post
    It's not that big of a deal, as the only person that would have been ultimately 'cheated-on/deceived' was myself. So "personal ethics" really does mean personal.

However, if my "help" took me into illegitimate PRs, then my old numbers from that time should be discarded. Would my supplementation have disqualified my achievements?

For the record, the pre-workout I used to take was "Craze" in 2012/2013, and it was the old formula -- one that got pulled from the market about a year ago, due to accusations of methamphetamines being part of the, uh, blend (which was probably true). X-}

Just been wondering about this for a bit, especially since I haven't touched anything like that (even still-existing pre-workout products) for about 6 months.

-Jeremy
    Ask yourself: "If I were a baseball player, and I set a home run record during this period of time that has since been 'asterisked,' would I care?"

This is your answer.

Thus speaketh ud2o.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    I'm not keen on it either. Forced choice got me of of the stuff, but I don't really miss it anymore. Regarding coffee, no can do, Uncle Shug. (Not that I see anything wrong with that; I just don't react well to the after-effect of any stimulant use, especially come beddy-bye time. Even if I gobble down things like black pepper, jalapenos, etc, I don't do so well. What can I say, I got clobbered pretty badly.)

-Nephew Jeremy

---

Quote Originally Posted by RugbySmartarse View Post
    Hmmm.
    So in your attempt to be a Smartarse with this quip, you do realize you made yourself look like a fool, as what you suggested has technically already taken place since late December 2014.
    You need to spend more time reading comments^^ before replying. I also suggest lurking regularly is superior logs of strength and excellence. Here's a link to one such log. Disclaimer: The log-creator himself is off his rocker, but the log is brutally honest with lifting performances that make an excellent read:
    I just keep on getting angrier, boys. . . M-T's log of Intermediate Bullshit.

sMārT-arse
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatandPowerfulud2o View Post
    Pay no attention to the pre-workout stimulation going on behind the curtain.
    Oh spiteful one; show me who to smite and they shall be smolten.

Quote Originally Posted by ud2o View Post
    Ask yourself: "If I were a baseball player, and I set a home run record during this period of time that has since been 'asterisked,' would I care?"

This is your answer.

Thus speaketh ud2o.
    The secular "rewards" from my feat would still have been enjoyable, but I would know within myself that my actual athletic accomplishment was void.

-Jeremy
    Last edited by Músculo-Tonto; 07-07-2015 at 04:48 PM.

The secular "rewards" from my feat would still have been enjoyable, but I would know within myself that my actual athletic accomplishment was void.

-Jeremy
    I get that, but I'm with KOTJ^:

"You did the work. It counts."

And now, I'll mix religion and baseball.

You know those bracelets? WWJD? What would Jesus do?

Try this: WWBBD?

What would Barry Bonds do?

starting strength coach development program
    I would never attempt a 1RM without taking a stimulant. I just drink lots of coffee though.
    Last edited by Dildo Bolt; 07-08-2015 at 09:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast