starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with my T3 bands set up

Default Whats wrong with my T3 bands set up

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024

I[

I used pictures of different set ups the longs bands, but have too much slack, for two band with double over?

Short single bands with one pin is too much slack at the bottom and the black elite feel too stretched at the top.

Meant R3

?

Quote Originally Posted by MEbigUsmall View Post

I used pictures of different set ups the longs bands, but have too much slack, for two band with double over?

Short single bands with one pin is too much slack at the bottom and the black elite feel too stretched at the top.
    It is a bit more difficult to have band loading with bars coming off the floor.

Another alternative is Reverse Band Loading. Attach the bands top of the power rack or some pin higher up.

You initially get the same result.

Kenny Croxdale

Quote Originally Posted by MEbigUsmall View Post

I[
    This doesn't look bad. Why not put both sides on top of the bar rather than one?

Thanks for the response guys.

Important:
    I must also say that I plan to deadlift with bands most of the time, my floor and platform are on a tilt and the band should help keep the bar from rolling and also help fix the slight gravity problem.
    I plan to dead facing the higher side and squat facing the lower side.
    Last edited by MEbigUsmall; 07-22-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    This doesn't look bad. Why not put both sides on top of the bar rather than one?
    Are you referring to set up in the first pic, where I have the short bands on pins that are fully extended? If so, I will try it again but this time double sided
    The thing I noticed about short bands is the tension towards the top seems to lose it's elasticity and just feels like I'm pulling on rope. I will try the orange elites with both sides in a few minutes. and see how it feels.

The long ones are too long for the R3 pin holes, but can be stretched further and feel better, I was looking for a way to set those up, unless the consensus is that short is better.

I must warn that I already had a short thread like this that 4thpathway was nice enough to answer. That was before I bolted my rack and took pictures. I should have posted in that thread but forgot, too late now.

So I just set it up like the first pic but with both bands over and used the elite black mini's. The bands feel like they don't stretch far enough.

Then I used the longer ones tied on one beam and pinned on the other and it felt better. But still not great.

starting strength coach development program
    The only rule is that there should be tension as soon as you lift the bar by even a hair. Play around to get the desired tension for your current strength level.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast