starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another squat check

Default another squat check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hey coaches, you might remember as one of the guys with the really tilted bar problem, took me a while to get back at this and get that fixed. the video where rip explains where to place the bar did the trick, seems i was holding it all sorts of wrong all along, imagine that lol. so now i still feel as though my depth is falling short and I may be forward of my mid foot which could cause all my problems, but i dont want to over think this so I came here.

I feel as though reps 1 and 2 suck, and by 5 you can see my bar holding muscles start to fatigue, my last set.

if your wondering why im wearing a belt at 225, I suffered a back injury before and cant afford to have another due to a physical job.

thanks coaches looking forward to input.

Can you post a video from directly behind you? Do you have a short leg?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpOfBMcPLk

the bar lean wasn't as fixed as I thought it was, looks like i just need to force my right elbow up harder, since you mentioned a leg imbalance I spent a little time warming up with a slab of rubber acting as a shim. Under the Right foot things felt very unbalanced (coming off heel of left foot) plus sharp pain in outer right hip area below where you feel hip bone on side when standing. under the left foot things felt very in balance ( no heels coming off floor and very good idea of weight on middle of foot) the video is NOT with the shim in use. I appreciate your feed back Mr. Delgadillo

There's a pretty serious counter-clockwise rotation in your hips. It may be something else and maybe someone else will have input, but if you were my client, I'd check to see if you've got a short leg and by how much. Which side did you shim? Any chance you took video of your warmup with the shim?

Yeah I think the rotation is probably hurting the hip, I see it as well. Shimming the left leg seems to help things a lot. I will get you video of squat with the left foot shimmed as soon as I can I could probably do a work set with the shim, it's a lot more comfortable squating with it.

I also searchrd the boards via google method for foot shimming and leg measuring. Seems to me a x ray would be key, thought I read somewhere mark saying it could be done at home. Beats me I'm pretty poor right now so I'll experiment with the shim and see how it looks. I appreciate your help and effort again mr. Delgadillo

I'd find a groupon or something for a chiropractor and have them do it.

Tried to get you a video with Sun today, except enduring was very painful.and uncomfortable, didn't get through warmups. I think I will first take your advice on going to a chiropractor. I have been asking around town for soneone who understands and accepts my desire to train with barbells. I will let you know what they say after I get in, thanks for the help.and guidance.

What part of the world are you in? Maybe someone can offer a recommendation.

I'm a noon so take this with a grain of salt.

(Ignoring the leg length thing) you take a while at the top of the squat. Just do the next rep. Catching your breath a lot doesn't make it any easier. Your depth is probably 2-3 inches high. Try to sit back more if you feel like you're coming forward too much.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

starting strength coach development program
    Nick I emailed baeu bryant, im in md, ive seen him a while back for form check, love to get to his place again sometime really cool atmosphere. Funds are a bit of an issue for the wife and I right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast