starting strength gym

Thread: Viking Weightlifting in BC

Default Viking Weightlifting in BC

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Anyone ever deal with this company and if so, any feedback on their customer service?

I'm due for new lifting shoes and they carry the AdiPowers for a pretty good price.

http://www.adidas.ca/en/men's-adipow...24382_610.html

Last I checked it was also free shipping.

Yes, thanks, I'm aware, but Adidas' customer service sucks and I'm just being a stubborn idiot.

I bought mine from addidas.ca and didn't have any issues. Think I even used a coupon that was easy to find at the time. The Adipowers remain one of the few things I have ever seen that are $30 cheaper in Canada than in the US.

Shockingly, I also saw the Adipowers in the adidas retail store in dowtown Toronto recently, so that's an option if they have a location in Vancouver.

Thanks, they do have a few locations in and around Vancouver, but I didn't think they would carry them. Guess it's time to start phoning around. Thanks for the heads up.

I've only heard good things about Viking Weightlifting, but I haven't ordered from them.

I've bought two pairs of the Adipowers from Adidas.ca without issues. The first pair I got for around $100 (coupon codes) and the second was around $140 with a coupon code again. I think if you sign up with your email you can get a 10-15% off coupon code.

They may actually carry some in their stores. I forum member here said they actually had them at one of their stores in the GTA...which I would have realized if I completely read True Blue's post. So that's two sitings in TO.

If you do order from VWL I'd be curious to hear about them Balazs.
    Last edited by Mr_Rogers; 04-04-2014 at 12:12 PM.

I bought a pair of Power Perfect shoes from them last year, the customer service was great and they had among the cheapest prices on the Internet at the time. If you're in the Kelowna area you could probably save on shipping by going and picking them up.

It's also nice to support a small business.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the feedback guys, turns out the downtown Vancouver store has the AdiPowers in stock, which I was genuinely surprised about, so it looks as if I won't be ordering from Viking afterall. My intention was to support the small, local business as well, but I'm also on a budget, plus I can actually try on the shoes before buying.

Mr_Rogers, 2 pairs of AdiPowers? I guess you're a fan? Had you trained in other weightlifting shoes before the Adidas?