starting strength gym

Thread: Anabolic/Metabolic Diet

Default Anabolic/Metabolic Diet

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Coach,

I was wondering if you have had any trainees successfully use Dr. Mauro DiPasquale's Anabolic Diet (I think he's renamed it Metabolic diet) while following Starting Strength, and if so what their progress / results were like?

Thanks

Barry

I haven't, but we'll ask the boys.

If I recall, the Anabolic Diet was essentially heavy fat and protein, yes?

Word on the street was that it was a bit over-hyped. That said, I'll throw in my two cents on diet ...

A few platitudes I follow:

1) Calories are anabolic. The more you eat, the bigger you get. From a size perspective it probably doesn't really matter where the calories come from provided you have some gobs of protein in there, and I'm not even sure that's neccessary ... but seems like a good gamble. I mainly just eat fat and protein because the bang for buck is better than carbs. Bread sucks, don't know how people eat it.

Long live buttermilk, trail mix, and salad bags!

2) I also like blueberries.

The only coorelation I've ever found between building size and strength and diet is the amount of calories I consume. More is better.

Mind you, I've only been at this for about 7 weeks.

Best,
    Flux

(ps I will be experimenting with my own Megabolic Testesterone Diet along with my Creatine Hydration Gambit. Essentially it will center around mass quantities of water, creatine, hardboiled eggs, buttermilk, and cruciferous vegetables -for the DIMs, prevents the aromatization of testosterone to estrogen, a huge problem these days with all the plastics everywhere-. However, I'm still working out the details ... stay tuned!)

Works really well for me at least. Easy to lose weight and strength keeps increasing as long as you're eating and training with some sense. I haven''t been 'bulking' with it too much, but if it works this well as upkeep or 'cutting', I'm sure it'll work really well at +kcals.
    Besides working really well for training it's given me increased energy levels and higher clarity of thought... I used to have a really cloudy mind when I ate a lot of carbs and I was tired as hell often. Guess this puts me in the part of human population that hasn't gotten used to high carb diet yet, but at least I get to eat a shit ton of meat now.