starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Pain Inquiry

Default Squat Pain Inquiry

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Coach Rip,

After doing any set of squats, I feel pain in my lower back (probably because of hip drive?)...I feel it during the actual movement of the squat too, NOT as a STRAIN, but just pain... I'm always okay after first 2 sets, then I take my 5 min break...then after the 3rd set I really FEEL the pain in the lower back, then as I begin walking to the stretch room (because of how much my lower back hurts), I feel the pain in my gluteus too to the point where I have to lie down on my back, do some minor stretching...then I notice after 2-5 min the pain is gone, and I can lift again... is this normal? I don't want to sound like some little pussy or anything, just that I'm new to SS and would like to know if this is normal so I don't end up fucking myself over in the long run (injuries, etc.)

Thanks,

DK91

Sounds like a from problem. Post a video.

Default Problem Fixed! :)

Good news coach,

I was doing my squats today and no more lower back pain. I noticed that before I was getting obsessed with hip drive to the point of being too horizontal and so I was kind of putting more pressure on my lower back than was necessary; I fixed it by simply being more vertical like in many of the vids.

Thanks for your help once again with everything, you're doing a great service to the powerlifting commmunity and I am sincerely in your debt.

DK91