starting strength gym

Thread: Power Snatch problem.

Default Power Snatch problem.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I want to start phase 1 of the texas method as seen in practical programming. The book has me alternating between power snatches and cleans on the volume day. Although I know how to lower the bar when cleaning (I've seen the youtube video etc), I cannot do the same from the top position of the snatch (gym doesnt have a lifting platform and only iron plates). So do I just switch all snatches with cleans, making it so that I clean every week instead of alternating, or do I switch snatches with something else entirely? If I do clean every week, how do I progress weight wise to complement the increased frequency? Again, since there has been some confusion when I've asked this in the past, I don't have an issue with the power clean for I know how to lower it, but with the power snatch. Thanks in advance.

Just do cleans. The gym isn't gonna be happy if you are dropping their iron plates onto their non-padded floors. Dumb, but it's their gym, their rules, and their equipment so they make the rules.