starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check - 5 x 210lbs

Default Squat Form Check - 5 x 210lbs

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi,

My last post is here: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ck-follow.html

I am in the middle of a reset due to a work induced layoff. Was at 235 lbs in my LP prior to the layoff, and this is my last work set at 210 lbs.

Prior to my layoff, I was dealing with some lingering knee pain in both knees on the outer side of my knee cap. The pain in both started during the same workout, when I felt my knees slide forward at the bottom during my last work set. It was quite painful for a few weeks, but working on form and the layoff seems to have helped.

Now getting back into things, they are flaring up a little, though not nearly to the same extent before. I'd appreciate any advice on my form, but particularly if there is anything I should be doing to stop the knee pain from coming back. Thank you.

(Sorry about the black pants - wasn't thinking about it when I left for the gym. If they're an issue, I can re-film on Saturday during my next workout.)

Your stance looks too narrow and your toes look like they are pointed out too far. Widen your stance, drive your knees out more, turn your toes in a touch, and don't initiate the squat so violently. Be smoother. See if those things help with your knee pain.

Thanks Tom. I'll make those adjustments and see how things go.