starting strength gym

Thread: Reccomendations for SSC & gym suggestions in New York City

Default Reccomendations for SSC & gym suggestions in New York City

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi all,

I will be visiting New York for work mid-June and am looking for two things:
    1. A place to train while I am there - any recommended gyms? Don't need much, as I only do squat/dead/press/bench/chins. I'm staying in Manhattan and depend on public transport.
    2. A SSC to do one, possible two private training sessions with (depending on schedule). We don't have any SSCs in the Netherlands and I would like to get some in-person feedback on what I have been trying to teach myself from books & videos. Still on the early end of the linear progression. Would also like to learn to power clean.

Background: Male, 43, training twice a week. Squat: 85kg, deadlift: 97,5kg, press: 40 kg, bench 47,5 kg. Still adding 2,5 kg every time. Started training in December but deloaded twice due to holidays. Deloaded deadlift from 110 kg to 90 kg after tweaking my back (rounding on 4th rep) 3,5 weeks ago, took 10 days off, now back on track.

Recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

You have lots of options in NYC, but since you are asking here, I say talk to Wolf. Ask him about his hair, too.

Thanks!