starting strength gym

Thread: anyone make a double J-hook?

Default anyone make a double J-hook?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Does anybody know of a product like a double J-hook that hangs from one hole in the rack? So two hooks, on the same side of the rack, all in one movable unit.

I missed a hook on one side racking a squat yesterday, and it would have been less of a wreck if there was another hook a few inches down.

This would be for a two-inch rack with one-inch holes in my case.

I think I understand what you're saying, but honestly just take your time racking the bar and it shouldn't be an issue.

I don't hit the bottom
    Of a j cup until I crash into the uprights.

I had the bar slip down my back and hit into the bottom of the hook because I was screwing with my grip trying to fix an elbow pain issue. Figured I'd be fine because it was a light day. But nope.

Quote Originally Posted by m_sporkboy View Post
    I had the bar slip down my back and hit into the bottom of the hook because I was screwing with my grip trying to fix an elbow pain issue. Figured I'd be fine because it was a light day. But nope.
    Do you have an extra set of hooks that you could put under the others. They will be several inches low, but might give you some peace of mind. Not sure. . .

starting strength coach development program
    Where are your safeties?

On squats, I set the hook about the middle of my sternum, so even if I get a little out of shape, I can run straight into the upright, and then down. Never want to have to stretch up to put a bar back, anywhere.

If I get totally fouled up, I just lower the bar to the safeties. Having had my share of difficulties, I really can't see where a second set of hooks would be much help.