starting strength gym

Thread: garage gym drum fans?

Default garage gym drum fans?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    any recommendation on a good drum fan for a garage gym? it's gets unbearably hot here in August.

Currently looking at this: MaxxAir Pro 24 in. Industrial Heavy Duty, 2-Speed, Multi-Purpose PRO Tilt Drum Fan-BF24TFORGPRO - The Home Depot

Not a drum fan, but we have three of these floor fans in our garage, and they push a lot of air, even on the lowest setting. The benefit being that since they're smaller, they can be put just about anywhere, and you can spread them around the gym so you're always covered by moving air.

Quote Originally Posted by hollismb View Post
    Not a drum fan, but we have three of these floor fans in our garage, and they push a lot of air, even on the lowest setting. The benefit being that since they're smaller, they can be put just about anywhere, and you can spread them around the gym so you're always covered by moving air.
    hmm, that's probably better idea to get 3 of those vs. a $100+ large drum fan. Cost would be a little more, though.

We got by on two (one per rack) for a long while, but just recently added the third for the area not around the racks in the second bay of our two car garage, so you don't have to hang out by the rack in-between sets in order to stay cool.

Atlanta Barbell had that drum fan (or one like it) when we were there for a meet last weekend. It definitely moved a lot of air, but you still had to be standing right in front of it.

IME, I like the floor fans a lot better. For one thing, they are a LOT QUIETER. Also, more flexible in their placement.

Squirrel cage fans move the most air with the least noise, and can be pretty compact. They would be my first choice, based on many years experience in shops with no A/C.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Plus you can point them straight up, and float a beach ball above them. Then play a drinking game where you shoot rubber bands at the ball, and if you knock it out of the airstream and it falls everyone else drinks.
    or stand over it and air out your junk

I second the floor fan.. I have one too and it's great. I think the drum fan would be insanely loud compared to the floor fan.

starting strength coach development program
    I ended up buying the floor fan from home depot. I bought 2 at first, and realized I only really needed one, so I returned the 2nd one. Never owned one of these before and was surprised by how much air even just one 20 inch floor fan moved.