starting strength gym

Thread: Correct Deadlift Technique?

Default Correct Deadlift Technique?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Mr. Rippetoe, first of all, i would like to tell you that i admire you and your huge knowledge. I live in Turkey and the trainers knowledge here is limited as we lack a scientific community.

It has been 2 weeks since i've started reading about strength gain exercises. And during this time i read some stuff on how to do deadlifts correctly. Last week i started the gym and tried to do it there.

Im at home now, i dont have weights here, so i use something similar. I would like you to check the below video and tell me if my technique is correct. Especially when im lifting (ascending)

Thanks in advance

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...46846031&hl=en

You need to raise your hips a little higher and get the bar back over your mid-foot to start the pull. These will be very hard to do unloaded since a stick just doesn't resist the pull enough to feel right, and for other reasons involving the center of mass of the system.

It looks like you are starting with the bar over the balls of your feet. It should be over the middle of your foot before you even take your grip.

Stand closer to the bar.

I think I said that, George. But it is irrelevant if all you are going to lift is a stick. Sticks are for flogging the unrighteous, not for deadlifting.