starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check 370lbs

Default Squat Form Check 370lbs

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Hi,
    this is the last set of today‘s 5x5 squat workout.
    I am currently doing the 4 day split. My 1x5 weight is at 186kg or 410lbs.
    I am still 1,88m and weigh about 108kg (6‘2‘‘ and 238lbs). This was the first workout after taking a week off and being on vacation. I just repeated the weights of my last workout, which was hard, but manageable.

Now to my observations:
    - it looks like I have a little knee slide. Would you agree? Is it bad enough to cause problems in the future? My knees feel fine at the moment.
    - I felt a slight discomfort in my left elbow after the squats which has already dissipated by the time I have finished my deadlift workset. Anything wrong with my upper back set-up that warrants change?

I would be grateful if you had anything else I could improve upon.

Thanks a lot!

Here‘s the link:
    https://streamable.com/wm4dbz

As the set goes on, there is a timing disconnect between your hips and knees breaking. It is very apparent by rep 5. So, what happens when your knees are held back early? They have to move forward at the bottom so that you stay in balance. Cue "knees" and try really hard to get them in place earlier.

Also, you might stand to move your stance out just a bit. This may help you keep your knees from moving any more, provided you shove them out hard enough.

Thank you Satch! I will focus on my knees during my next workouts and see how it goes.

Regarding widening my stance: would an inch wider be appropriate in this case?