starting strength gym

Thread: Buffalo Bar

Default Buffalo Bar

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I get that elbow-bicep-shoulder pain from squatting. I've tried working around it for a couple years but it regularly ruins training. I came across a Wendler article on 6 specialty bars he recommends.

Regarding the Buffalo Bar he says it is ideal for injured shoulders and poor flexibility and allows for the same technique and setup... a BB squat = a straight bar squat.

If accurate, that seems to be the hands down winner compared to hbbs, front sq, safety squat bar, etc.

Any experience or advice? Thanks in advance.

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by konkoba98 View Post
    I get that elbow-bicep-shoulder pain from squatting. I've tried working around it for a couple years but it regularly ruins training. I came across a Wendler article on 6 specialty bars he recommends.

Regarding the Buffalo Bar he says it is ideal for injured shoulders and poor flexibility and allows for the same technique and setup... a BB squat = a straight bar squat.

If accurate, that seems to be the hands down winner compared to hbbs, front sq, safety squat bar, etc.

Any experience or advice? Thanks in advance.

Colin
    I have never used one nor coached people on one. Those who have may chime in.