starting strength gym

Thread: Atlanta gym recommendations

Default Atlanta gym recommendations

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I'm new to Atlanta. Can anyone recommend a gym? I live in Buckhead, and closer is better than farther away.

Several SSC's have gyms down there. Alex Kennedy is one. You shouldn't have a problem finding somewhere to train in that area.

Welcome to Atlanta! Glad to have an SSC in the area! AK Crossfit off Miami Circle in Buckhead is a SS Gym owned by Darren Jackson, a SSC. Alex's gym is called Atlanta Barbell (Atlanta Barbell) in the Kirkwood area.

Ah, Lisa beat me to it. Alex's gym is between Little Five Points and Decatur, which can be a haul from Buckhead if there's any kind of traffic. Darren's gym is off Piedmont, south of Peachtree in Buckhead, but I'm not sure what his open training hours situation is. I'd contact him and ask about that, or any recommendations he has. Other than that, there's a huge LA Fitness off Peachtree in Buckhead, as well as The Forum which is actually under Lenox mall. Those are the bigger gyms in that area I'm aware of. You might be able to train at those locations (as well as you can at a globo gym, I guess).
    Last edited by hollismb; 06-16-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hollismb View Post
    Ah, Lisa beat me to it. Alex's gym is between Little Five Points and Decatur, which can be a haul from Buckhead if there's any kind of traffic. Darren's gym is off Piedmont, south of Peachtree in Buckhead, but I'm not sure what his open training hours situation is. I'd contact him and ask about that, or any recommendations he has. Other than that, there's a huge LA Fitness off Peachtree in Buckhead, as well as The Forum which is actually under Lenox mall. Those are the bigger gyms in that area I'm aware of. You might be able to train at those locations, as well as any other globo gym, I suppose.
    True, not sure of the open training at Darren's gym. I was thinking just SS gyms but yes, there are globos and The Forum in the area as well.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the replies. I found a home at Atlanta Barbell.

Does anyone have any gym recommendations in Miami? I'm going to be there from the 11th to the 17th. I'll be staying at the Homewood Suites Miami Airport West. I won't have a car, so once again, closer is better than farther away.