starting strength gym

Thread: Shoulder dislocation exercise

Default Shoulder dislocation exercise

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi,

I just started on the SS program and struggle to get my shoulders back and hands over the bar properly when squatting.I've had numerous shoulder 'difficulties' over the years and have had some rotator cuff injury, the last a year ago.
    I have been trying shoulder dislocations using a band, 3 sets of 10 a day. After about a week I stopped as I was getting some discomfort around the shoulder. A week later the shoulder feels fine and I can now get my hand a closer towards the body when squatting.
    Are shoulder dislocations bad with my history or was the discomfort i was experiencing actually just the shoulder 'responding' to getting worked in a new way?

thanks

It sounds like it helped. I would do them unless the pain from doing them got too bad. If you get better from workout to workout then the pain is probably not an indication that you are hurting yourself.

Make sure you've watched the proper bar position video too. I used to feel it so badly in my shoulders and wrists before I saw that video.