starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy Crushing Grip Training [Without Grippers]

Default Easy Crushing Grip Training [Without Grippers]

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Today I was squatting inside the power rack, the safety pins were set, a gym rat came by and removed the safety pins and told me "you shall be squatting OUT of the power rack, because I want to perform dips inside it, and also that's the way everyone squats" I told him "others can squat in anyway they like, but I squat this way, inside the power rack". I did what I wanted, but that wasn't enough for me, This incident revived the dream of having godhands in me, I want to have godhands, then i will give godhandshakes to these people, and tell them they can't fucking tell me what to do, while they're being zapped shitless.

So enough history... just wanted to start grip training again.

Back to topic:
    Well it's not really easy in terms of intensity, by easy I meant easy and fast to setup.
    The idea surfaced my mind today when i was fucking around the gym trying to devise an apparatus for training the crushing grip using the common gym equipments.

You might ask why not just a set of progressive intensity grippers? the answer is you might have them, I don't.

Equipment:

Setup:

1. Set the cable pivot down near the floor.
    2. Mount the curl bar on the sawhorse and place them in front of the cable machine (exactly where the girl is standing at the picture).
    3. Select a suitable cable intensity, grab and pull the cable handle and come over to the sawhorse. standing behind the sawhorse, and facing cable machine.
    4. Pull the cable handle and attach it to the curl bar like two parallel lines.
    5. Wrap your thumb around the curl bar while your fingers are around the cable handle.
    6. Crush [works all the fingers except the thumb].

Don't forget to train your thumb:

1. Stand between the sawhorse and the cable machine, facing the sawhorse. the cable shall pass between your legs.
    2. Wrap the 4 fingers on the curl bar, and keep the thumb wrapped on the cable handle.
    3. Crush with your thumb.

Happy crushing hands
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (28.0 KB, 44 views)

I would have dropped all 365 lbs from my back right on that douchebag's knees, legs and foot and said, "and that's why the pins are there, you fuking dick." And then proceed to pee on his head.

Try packing 12" block around all day for work. Hands, forearms, and traps all in one.

Rope climbs (or even static holds if you are weak) are still the most intense form of gripwork in my opinion. Just go try grap a thick gym class style rope. Especially single hand holds, brutal!

That guy's a dick. Squats are half the reason power racks exist. Dips can be done between a couple of chairs at home. I'd bring this up with the gym manager if it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by FKYT View Post
    That guy's a dick. Squats are half the reason power racks exist. Dips can be done between a couple of chairs at home. I'd bring this up with the gym manager if it happens again.
    Neither the guy, nor the the manager, don't know what the fuck a power rack is. they even don't know its name, let alone its uses. these guys are fucking awesome, they think the big power rack is there only for them to dip inside it. lol

Did this mother fucker actually use "shall" when speaking to you? Is your gym in Sherwood Forest?

Shake Hands

Quote Originally Posted by williamlexcrawford View Post
    Did this mother fucker actually use "shall" when speaking to you? Is your gym in Sherwood Forest?
    He steals power racks from the strong and gives them to the weak.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by williamlexcrawford View Post
    I LOLed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast