starting strength gym

Thread: Volume day

Default Volume day

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Last week I missed two workouts due to illness so as soon as I was better I repeated the last squat workout and managed to hit all the reps despite feeling a little weaker than usual. However two days after on my next workout I feel like my abducters are really tired and aching. I got plenty of food and sleep. Should I try for a pr squat or have a light day with volume then resume my normal pr attempts on the last work out of the week?
    I'm doing ss novice I'm 23 5,11 215lbs

Obviously have a light day. take it easy. PRs will always come about when you are in full stream.

Thanks for the reply threw caution to the wind and went for it after the first working set my legs stopped aching and feeling tight and went back to normal and I got through it with out missing a rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan3088 View Post
    Thanks for the reply threw caution to the wind and went for it after the first working set my legs stopped aching and feeling tight and went back to normal and I got through it with out missing a rep.
    You crazy mofo! lol. good job!

If you could do all the reps on the previous workout, I think you should be good to go too. You can get a little sore from spending some time away from the bar, nothing to be concerned.