starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry Rip

Default Sorry Rip

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    My sincerest condolences that you missed the cut to make this prestigious list.

Now obviously I'm well aware you could give two fucks that you didn't make the list and and I personally don't give this, or any similar list, any credence (I only found this via Twitter post link), but I'm sure there are many people that treat this as the list of people whose products need to be bought and who need to be listened to.

But seriously, Michelle Obama as #1 (??), Dr. Oz is a fraud and a borderline quack, and Jillian Micheals' claim to fame is being on a TV show. None of the people look like they ever lifted, a good number of them want us all to just relax and get "fit" via yoga, or to eat vegan, some to eat nothing and just "detox", most to maintain the status quo of endurance-is-king-of-fitness. No wonder the collective fitness of the US population is shit.

Out of the top 10 the only person I consider worth listening to is Taubes. I skimped the rest.

Well, at least they left off Poloquin and Staley too.

cntrl + F: "powerlift" =
    #47 Robb Wolf
    #96 Nia Shanks

...meh

The list is likely not inaccurate. Which is fucking depressing.

If you look closely, you'll notice that everyone on the list is either grinning, mildly smirking like Arnold or at least giving off the impression that they are somewhat content. Rip's inability to smile at the camera and portray happiness is what cost him a place next to the Dr. Oz. (Un)fortunately. Having your own clothing line wouldn't hurt either.

That list deserves to be on The Onion

http://www.jmaxfitness.com/blog/top-...ssionals-2015/ This list at least got Mike Tuchscherer and Dan John on there.

Well, I don't think that Rip's photo accepted to be near this one:

So it's better this way.

The list is pretty bad, regardless if Rip was in there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    The list is likely not inaccurate. Which is fucking depressing.
    Come on. I know young bros may not constitute the majority of people who work out in general and that they work out more in gyms than in other venues, but among those, Rip has probably had as much influence as anyone else I can think of based on how many young men in the gym have heard about SS.

This list is biased towards older people who jog and "exercise" as opposed to people who go to gyms and train. In that context, Rip has high influence among people who work out a lot, while the others have influence towards people who exercise, meaning he should logically have influenced more training hours than most others on that list.

starting strength coach development program
    LoL "Food Babe", what a con-artist.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast