starting strength gym

Thread: Tilting forward

Default Tilting forward

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello,

On me last reps in the squat I have a tendency to lean forward a bit to much. The bar goes in front of the middle of the foot and it becomes real hard getting up. Its is good reminder of the Mäster Queen though.

I shot a video and I can see my hips are driving up to much on the reps in question (4th and 5th rep in the last set), making the back more vertical which leads to a slight tilt forward.

The first three reps are fine.

Why this? Is it a matter of tired muscles or just sloppy technique (focusing to much on hip drive)?

Quote Originally Posted by Sturw View Post
    Hello,

On me last reps in the squat I have a tendency to lean forward a bit to much. The bar goes in front of the middle of the foot and it becomes real hard getting up. Its is good reminder of the Mäster Queen though.
    You probably mean "The Master Que."

I shot a video and I can see my hips are driving up to much on the reps in question (4th and 5th rep in the last set), making the back more vertical which leads to a slight tilt forward.
    You probably mean "more horizontal."

Is it a matter of tired muscles or just sloppy technique (focusing to much on hip drive)?
    Sloppy technique. Concentrate on keeping your chest up when you get tired.

Yes and yes.

Thank You for Your reply and time.

The strangest thing about this barbell thing is that my chins are getting better, even though I am heavier. Four weeks in and I am at 3x10, something I have been working on for years at a lower bodyweight and several ”double your chinups” programmes. Must be the Mäster Queen after all.