starting strength gym

Thread: Is the New 5/3/1 Out???

Default Is the New 5/3/1 Out???

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I was wondering if anyone has read the new 5/3/1 book. I was told that it has some sweeping changes like taking the deload week and putting it on week 3 instead of week 4.

Is it out? I haven't seen it but would like to read it.

Not as far as I'm aware man. Jim's got a whole lot of shit planned before the end of the year - 5/3/1 shirts and a 'north of the vag' website.

I'm a little concerned tbh that the new 5/3/1 powerlifting will be for equipped lifters - it cant be for equipped lifters, 5/3/1 IS raw!

Yeah I wouldn't want to read it at all if it's built for equipped lifters. I'm not interested in learning anything about equipped lifting since I only lift raw.

I also want to read Block Periodization (supposed to be a new Russian Method of training).

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherIron View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't want to read it at all if it's built for equipped lifters. I'm not interested in learning anything about equipped lifting since I only lift raw.

I also want to read Block Periodization (supposed to be a new Russian Method of training).
    I heard on the internets that ed coan trained using block periodization. Why would you want to read anything like that since coan lifted equipped and obviously wasnt hardcore or strong.

I remember reading Jim was releasing 531 for power lifting. It will include geared programs, peaking for a meet, and steroid cycles. .