starting strength gym

Thread: Smolov diet

Default Smolov diet

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    To anyone who has done Smolov squat routine do you agree with this guys diet advice.
    He said he had chocolate milk as the backbone of his diet. Would you recommend this?

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...viving-smolov/

Yes.

Should a dirty diet be used throughout all of the smolov program or just through the most demanding parts.

I've never done Smolov before, so I don't know if my advice is worth anything, but I would say if you can eat "clean," I see no reason why not to. By clean I mean whole foods over processed foods. However, if you can't get in enough calories, then go dirty. Milk is probably an excellent choice for Smolov.

The article says blood sugar can repair the body how is this so?

Quote Originally Posted by tzanghi View Post
    I've never done Smolov before, so I don't know if my advice is worth anything, but I would say if you can eat "clean," I see no reason why not to. By clean I mean whole foods over processed foods. However, if you can't get in enough calories, then go dirty. Milk is probably an excellent choice for Smolov.
    Smolov is one of, if not the, most brutal squat programs ever devised. I wouldn't go near that program trying to eat clean. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smolov_Squat_Routine

I love how the Wikipedia article says that the extra calories come form a bowl of oats!

daily bowl of oats lol

Quote Originally Posted by 51M0n View Post
    Smolov is one of, if not the, most brutal squat programs ever devised. I wouldn't go near that program trying to eat clean. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smolov_Squat_Routine

I love how the Wikipedia article says that the extra calories come form a bowl of oats!
    I've personally found eating clean to increase my recovery, ceteris paribus. Again, the qualifier is if you can eat enough to recover by eating clean, then do so. And I wouldn't qualify a bowl of oats as clean lol.

To be fair to the Wikipedia contributor, he said the additional calorie intake "takes place in a daily bowl of oats." This means either: 1. The lifter sits in a bowl of oats while eating all the extra calories he needs, and the bowl of oats is changed daily. Or, 2. The lifter mixes ground beef, eggs, etc with the bowl of oats and eats the whole thing. I personally think that # 2 is a better strategy.

starting strength coach development program
    Personally the more demanding the program the more you need to eat to recover. When not training I can survive on strict paleo food( note i said survive i will immediately begin to lose weight)
    Anything to easily add nutrients (milk, whey protien, concoctions mixed in a blender to easily down huge calories etc) is not clean. But like gear and the technology we use to get stronger a necessary excursion when a single goal is in mind is necessary, otherwise the program would fail due to inadequate nutrition to facilitate recovery from such an unnatural level of stress.