starting strength gym

Thread: LTE and Bicep Pain

Default LTE and Bicep Pain

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I added LTEs into the end of my workout today after chins and bb curls. I used 75lbs for LTE (3 sets of 8) and on the very first rep I had immediate pain in my distal bicep on both arms during the concentric phase of the lift. I tried playing around with elbow and wrist position, but nothing seemed to really help. I was able to complete all of the reps, but it was not fun. Has anyone else had similar issues? My initial thought is to lower the weight and see how it goes next time. I just wanted to get some objective input.

I've watched this a couple of times, but may need to film myself to see how I am messing this up.

Hmm. Too low as mg said and maybe too bent. Did you bend your elbows so far that the bar went under and beneath your head? That might hurt.

I've been doing tons of these, but closer in form to a pull over. I don't bend my elbows much more than 45 degrees. If I do them with the straight bar I get pain in a variety of joints, especially the wrists.

I found that using something close to a neutral grip on the EZ curl bar is best. I'd use a triceps BLASTER!!!! if I owned one. (I might buy one of those bars with neutral grip handles in the middle. . . ) I don't know if it will help your problem though. In the video, Rip uses the opposite part of the ez bar than I use. It's not clear to me why. I pick it up like I'm doing something close to a reverse curl.

Using a dumbbell held in both hands feels the best, but I can't get enough weight this way to make it meaningful except at high reps.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    For LTE's? Use an EZ-Curl bar, like this cheap Body Solid curl bar. I have two of them. They work just fine for LTE's... and curls, if you ever want to do those for some stupid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    I've got one. Works great.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I may be bending my elbows too much at the bottom. I will pay more attention to that next time and see how it goes. I am using an ez bar for what that's worth. Thanks again.