starting strength gym

Thread: Recovering from CABG - thanks

Default Recovering from CABG - thanks

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    This isn't a question it’s a thank you. There’s not a “Mark Rippetoe Thanks” forum so I thought I’d post this here.

Seven months ago I asked you for some help regarding exercise selection while recovering from CABG.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=42615

You reminded me that bone responds positively to load. Thanks.

My original question was never really answered but the responses from you and yours were motivating to me due to what you didn’t say. You didn’t say I was stupid to try. You didn’t say it was dangerous to try. Frankly you seemed to imply I was erring on the side of caution.

Paul1 mentioned “when evidence fades away and paranoia takes over.” Paranoia took over a couple of times during my four month recovery. One of the things that helped me overcome the paranoia was feeling that you and yours thought I was erring on the side of caution.

At the end of my four month recovery my safety bar squat 5RM was 90% of what my squat 5RM was before my NSTEMI. Likewise my overhead press 5RM was 100% of what it was before. Also, I was still alive. Thanks.

Ten more weeks have past and I have transitioned back to my regular exercises: overhead press, deadlift, bench press, and squat. I now lift more than before on all of my lifts. I plan on lifting in a meet in six weeks.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my thread seven months ago.

Take care,
    Richard Adams

Actually, there is the Testimonials forum. I'll move this there later. But for a while anyway, we're proud of you here.

They do the Lord's work here. In the Coach's, Nutrition, and Programming forums, too, you'll find good people helping others out. For free, no less. Congratulations on an excellent recovery - these types of stories remind me of the resiliency of the human body when coupled with an indomitable will.