starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Bear Programme + Deadlift form question?

Default Russian Bear Programme + Deadlift form question?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    So I started The Bear on Sunday, doing this guy's version: http://startingstrength.com/resource...t=17875&page=1

Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri
    10-25 sets but really as many as you can do

On Sunday I lowered the heavy set by a fair bit so I could get it with good form but by the time I got to the 10th set my back was rounding a fair bit, so I stopped. Next day (Monday) I lowered each weight, including the top set, by 10kg and my form was still a bit dodgy (but not as bad as the previous days) on the 10th set (video in questions).

But after this one I took a 3 or so minute break and did another set, with what I would say is good form (friend cut off video after a couple of reps by mistake): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJuBc...ature=youtu.be
    So when I'm not fatigued I get the sets alright

My questions:
    1/ Can I keep my top set heavier? I was okay with Sunday's 'heavy' set, it was just once I got to my final sets that my form starting going. I don't want to be doing a really low Heavy set just so that when I take off 20% I can get a billion reps in

2/ Should I lower the bottom weight even more, bearing in mind that film is my 10th set and you're supposed to stop when form's not perfect? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXYVU...ature=youtu.be

Cheers...

Russian Bear is Pavel's programme. That guy is all about solid technique on deadlifts and presses, using maximum muscle tension. No rounding or cheating.

If you can get good technique on your first few drop sets, I think you are supposed to be content with that. Just do less sets.

REMEMBER MY WORDS...AND READ IT BEFORE GOING TO BED....EVERY DAY

PAVEL TSATSOULINE IS A BITCH.....,,,,,I READ ABOUT HIS BEAR PROGRMA WHEN I FIRST STARTED OUT....ITS"THE MOST RETARTED PROGRAM........

WHY:

DEADLIFT DON'T BUILD THAT MUCH MASS.......BACK TOCKNESS....SURE BUT OVERALLL THEY DON'T BUILD MORE MASS THAN A FUCKING ROW

THERE ARE BETTER EXERCISES TO DO FOR HIGH VOLUME THAN DEADLIFT BECAUSE OF THE LOWER BACK..........WHICH IS TOO SMALL AND NON BLOOS SUPPLY ANTI-PUMP MUSCLE.....

the program presented by the "Russian" he is actually from Latvia is nothing more that a SNOB training protocol created for the average moron who simply cannot productively due to being brainwashed,,,,,,,

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LEANRN THAT THOSE GUys are fucking sellouts promoting their crap for your expense.

GO DO YOU 100000 DEADLIFTs.......

but don't cry when it was ll pointless.......

GO ASK THE RUSSIAN SPETZNAZ why it failed not ,e..

From the book

The basic Power to the People! program which develops strength without bulk
    calls for one heavy set of five reps and one set with 90% of that weight, for example
    100x5, 90x5. A little comrade who wants to become the Big Brother should
    not stop there. Reduce the weight to 80% of the first ‘money’ set, and keep doing
    sets of five reps with short, 30-90sec, rest periods. When you have had enough,
    that is you cannot lift 80x5 in good form, call it a day. It might take five or twenty
    five sets, everyone is different.
    Deadlifts make you strong, training like this will adapt you to heavy volume tolerance. You will get some mass increase with it (perhaps a lot if you eat enough), but being stronger at the end of it will allow you to do more hypertrophy focused exercises more productively (the kind of stuff marine is talking about).

Pavel's programs are Rock Solid. Pavel would make "Marine" his Bitch without even breaking a sweat.

Still waiting on marines videos.

Its not always about mass you fucking gym bro.

Krenga, it looks like this routine doesn't have bench/squat. Are you planning on putting them in there somehow, or are you going to not do them?

I've seen at least one person talk about doing it with less sets (like 5-15) but I wanted the 10-25 sets is what I wanted to go for. I just don't want to be doing 220lb deadlifts to get those 25 sets lol

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    Krenga, it looks like this routine doesn't have bench/squat. Are you planning on putting them in there somehow, or are you going to not do them?
    Yep no bench or squats. My back strength is holding back my deadlifts, as a result they're only 15kg higher than my squats. Already it feels like more of a back workout than anything so I'm hoping that will change that. It's only for 3-4 weeks so I'm not too worried about my squats or bench

Pavel has given the OK for people to use bench instead of overhead pressing which in itself is a substitute for his favourite exercise the single arm press.

starting strength coach development program
    "Pavel's programs are Rock Solid. Pavel would make "Marine" his Bitch without even breaking a sweat."

We need to make this happen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast