starting strength gym

Thread: Any women using Adidas PowerLift shoe? (Feedback / Sizing help)

Default Any women using Adidas PowerLift shoe? (Feedback / Sizing help)

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Are any women using Adidas PowerLift shoe? These sound like a good compromise of price & functionality for a beginner/casual (non-competitive) lifter.

From what I could find these are not available in stores (the Adidas store tells me that they are available "exclusively online"). Their web site's size chart states 8 men's equivalent is 9 women's; another web site says to order 1.5 size smaller. The store says it's typically 1.5 size difference as well.

Any feedback on the shoe itself, and how they fit? Thanks!

My wife uses a pair of the Powerlifts, but she could use a slightly higher heel. I've been thinking of snagging some Wei-Rui's for her from Max Barbell. $70 shipped for the Bombshell shoe.

My wife usually wears a 9.5, but depending on brand can either be a 9 or 10. She wears an 8.5 in the shoe you're curious about and they have a nice, snug fit. I believe most Adidas sizing is consistent, so if you try on an Adidas runner or training shoe you'd get an idea about sizing. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure I wear a 9.5 (mens) in most shoes, but I tried on a pair of 9 Adidas shoes and they had a snug fit. That's the size I went with for my Adipowers (ie the one with the snug fit).
    Last edited by Mr_Rogers; 12-11-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks for the feedback! I might have to try on men's Adidas running shoes. In any case, I was surprised that the Powerlift -- being a "crossfit shoe" -- is not sold in stores, with all the crossfit gyms around here.

the powerlift is not a crossfit shoe. The reebok one is.

I'm not a woman but I have used the Adidas powerlift shoe for 2 years. They perform well and still look and feel brand-new. I ordered them online and the sizes seem too snug so mine are a little too small. I don't run in them so that doesn't matter. The heel feels good for both powerlifting and the little Olympic lifting I do occasionally.

I wear the 2008 adistars, and I wear a men's 8, which is the same size I wear in men's running shoes. I wear a women's 9.5.

Another affordable option for women is the IronEve shoe. They are $95 and they run sales fairly often: http://www.ironeve.com/index.php/shop2/

Thanks for the advice, Tamara and Mr Rogers.

I wear women's 8.5 in running shoes. I tried 7 and 7.5 in Adidas runners, and 7.5 was a better fit, although the difference seemed extremely small. So I ended up ordering 7.5 in the Powerlift shoe. (Early Xmas present for me!)

By way of an update, I now have two pairs of Adidas Powerlift (men's 7.5 and 7) and they are both too big! Ugh!

I first got 7.5 and decided that they were too big; got 7. They fit better, but I can still stick my fingers in the back. I feel like I'm sliding forward in them when I squat. For a woman's foot, they feel quite wide.

I guess I could wear them with thick hiking socks, but would that not defy the purpose of a squat shoe to have all this cushioning?

So for any women out there considering the Powerlift shoes, order 1.5 size smaller, and err on the side of a smaller size.

starting strength coach development program
    IronEve