starting strength gym

Thread: Lifting shoes for thin feet

Default Lifting shoes for thin feet

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    So, I did the google search on this, and didn't find anything. Hopefully this isn't repetitive, but if it is I apologize for my weak google-fu.

I've got size 14 feet, but long and thin feet. I've never gotten special shoes or anything. Just the regular width shoes. The laces end up touching, but its been cool.

I ordered the Adidas powerlifting shoes in size 14, but when they came in they were way small. My toes are jammed up against the front, and the toe box is way small. The label on the shoe says its a US size 14, but wow it's smaller than any shoe I've ever tried on of that size.

I'm returning them and ordering new ones, but I guess now I"m wondering now what a good shoe would be for thin feet. Any thoughts on this?

Adidas seem to be the "thinnest" fitting brand out there. Did you use any sizing guides prior to purchasing? That might have showed up this issue. My shoes i ended up going with the same size or half a size up, cant remember. Power Perfect ll's.

Ditto for my impression of the power perfect II's - relatively narrow. I had a pair of Adidas cross-trainers that fit perfectly, and got the exact same size for the PP IIs. Result - tighter fit side-to-side (but acceptably so) - exact same fit lengthwise. I have no idea if their size standardization is spot on lengthwise across different product lines - but you could always try on a few different shoes in-store to find out.

Thanks guys! I'm just going to reorder the Adidas in the next size up, then.