starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check request

Default Squat form check request

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    So, here it is.

75kg, last set and I honestly have no clue why I only did four reps, as I remember feeling like I could do a couple more if necessary. I only noticed this while watching the video myself. Probably had a stroke or something. A couple of things:

-I apologize for the stupid aspect ratio.

-I was going to film a 45 after this one, but my phone ran out of juice. I intend on posting a 45 video on monday, but thought that I might as well slap this one on the boards as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...gqXzMLJw#t=16s

A few things I noticed myself:

-Lower back rounding at least to some degree. I don't think I'm going too narrow, as my gut is not hitting my thighs, and I'm shoving my knees as far out as possible.

-Mangled hip drive. My ass is shooting out backwards.

Alright, people. Tear me a new one.

video link is private...I can't see it.

I have had to count my reps in a video many times. I've had time where I thought I did 4 and I end up counting 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Webber View Post
    video link is private...I can't see it.

I have had to count my reps in a video many times. I've had time where I thought I did 4 and I end up counting 6.
    Fixed.

Your knees are coming forward for the entire trip down and they look to be ending up in front of your toes... Look up TUBOW in the book. There are other things wrong but fix that first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Webber View Post
    Your knees are coming forward for the entire trip down and they look to be ending up in front of your toes... Look up TUBOW in the book. There are other things wrong but fix that first.
    Alright, I think I'll be able to work on that without the block as well. I think we have a couple of those at the gym, so I'll grab one on monday.

I think part of the reason for this knee angle problem could be that I used to do high bar squats back in the bad ol' days.
    Last edited by Goatamon; 11-03-2012 at 11:04 AM.