starting strength gym

Thread: Press Form

Default Press Form

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey,
    I'd really appreciate any feedback on these.
    I thought it was looking better. Guess that's we need to film them once in a while.

I think I should really try to hit the nose on the way up, am I correct? And maybe the stance is too wide.

Thx a lot!

Those look pretty good. Your grip is too wide and your wrists are in full extension. Narrow your grip and straighten your wrists more. This will mean the bar will not touch your shoulders. That is fine. Your stance is fine and your bar path is pretty straight. You don't actually want to hit your nose, but you want to keep the bar close.

Thanks for the feedback coach. I'll definitely try to do that.

One question though, if the bar hovers over the shoulders, how does the bounce from the hips transfer to the bar?

Quote Originally Posted by bandego View Post
    One question though, if the bar hovers over the shoulders, how does the bounce from the hips transfer to the bar?
    The hips move horizontally, which can displace the shoulders downward a little, but this is not a push press or a jerk where upward momentum is imparted from the legs to the bar through the shoulders. Staying tight and removing unnecessary moment arms (extended wrists) from the system will allow you to utilize the rebound off the hips.