starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trouble in paradise. . .

Default Trouble in paradise. . .

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Wow. What to make of this dysfunction from the world of Crossfit?

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=76936

Hopeful Tom C. will weigh in. . .

It is amusing that the HQ people think they can affect the sale of her half. She is the owner, it is her property. The transaction has been signed. The affiliate owners seem to be far less worried about this, with good reason.

Hey Rip, my apologies. I thought I posted this in Ends and Pieces; I didn't intend to put you in a position of being perceived to badmouth Xfit.

I didn't badmouth anybody, and had I thought it was inappropriate I would have deleted it. My opinions on CFHQ are widely known. This will probably be a good development for CF and for the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jones View Post
    Hopeful Tom C. will weigh in. . .
    I don't know that I have any particularly interesting insights into this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It is amusing that the HQ people think they can affect the sale of her half. She is the owner, it is her property. The transaction has been signed. The affiliate owners seem to be far less worried about this, with good reason.
    Depending on the business organization type and agreements involved, it's possible. Of course, not the way they're trying.

Sounds like a good thing to me. The good boxes with quality coaches will give up affiliation and survive. The bad ones will either try to do the same and fail without the draw of the crossfit name or stay and become whatever this evil corporation wants them to be.

Resistance is futile. Prepare to be assimilated. We are Borg.

After reading just a couple pages into that thread, I think they had some terrible legal assistance before, terrible legal assistance now, or are just flat out lying.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrofbass View Post
    After reading just a couple pages into that thread, I think they had some terrible legal assistance before, terrible legal assistance now, or are just flat out lying.
    Their "lawyers", of which Dale Saran is one, will publicly talk about legal matters and cases as well as flinging shit on the forums. 'Nuff said.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast