starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Followup form check

Default Squat Followup form check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I recently did a session with a Starting Strength coach, John Janecek, who fixed a lot pretty fast. I'm hoping my form is now good enough I can start progressing again. I haven't gained much weight the past 3 weeks, because 3 weeks before that my squat wasn't moving at all and I had gained over 10lbs (total gain around 40 those first two months)

I think I'm ready to start gaining weight again, hoping this time my form actually means that weight gain translates to strength. This is my last set of 205, definitely the worst form of the 3 sets but upon review to me it doesn't look awful. I plan on redoing this weight but then adding 5 pounds a session and hoping to god I can bust through my 225 PR from 6 weeks ago. I'd just like feedback from a coach if this form is *acceptable* to keep adding weight, and of course any feedback to keep improving form because I strive for more than acceptable.

Thanks so much for the help.

205x5 - YouTube

Not too bad overall. Let your knees go further forward early. You are trying to squat with a near-vertical shin right now. This encourages your little slide forward at the bottom. Knees forward early can help. Descend a little faster. Go a little deeper.

The shins thing was caused by the ass out queue and the depth was because I used to go too deep. It's good to know my chief problems are due to overcompensation, I'll work on them Monday.

By the way I re-posted this video yesterday assuming I had forgotten to post it on the site, due to the moderator-check delay. I hope someone can stop that from going through so it doesn't get reviewed twice and waste someone's time.

I think I already deleted it. No worries.